Cal Field Hockey
Field Hockey Camps in Berkeley California
Average Rating 4.50 / 5
Head Coach - Women's Field Hockey Shellie Onstead
A 2008 U.S. Olympic Assistant Coach and Cal Hall of Fame inductee, Shellie Onstead put California field hockey on the map first as a player, then as head coach.View Shellie's Bio
Assistant Coach Austin Pile
Austin Pile enters his fourth season as an assistant coach in 2017.View Austin's Bio
Assistant Coach Malachi Mahan
Malachi Mahan enters his fifth season as an assistant coach at Cal in 2017.View Malachi 's Bio
State of the art facilities
This year we are offering an Overnight camp for girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 5-8
This camp is open to girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 5-8
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Thursday at Clark Kerr
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Sunday from the dorms.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Complete Supervision: Staff members reside in the dorms with Overnight campers and campers are supervised at all times.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: Indoor facility available
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: Unit 1 Deutsch and Putnam
- Campers Per Room: 2-3 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: All bed linens are included. The linen packet consists of a pillow, a pillowcase, two sheets, a blanket, and a bedspread.
- Air Conditioning: No
Cal Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airports to campus are Washington Dulles International Airport and Richmond International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
2017 CAMP STORE
If you would like purchase any Cal Field Hockey apparel, you can do so at this link:
https://stores.inksoft.com/uc_... Orders must be received by June 1st and all purchases will be shipped by June 8th.
The coaches were amazing
July 9, 2018: Really loved the passion the Cal players brought to the camp. They were a positive roll model for our young teams and really helped build a love for the sport.Wouldn’t change a thing. Awesome two years in a row and hope to be back next year.— Gene B. Parent
July 9, 2018: My highlights included Staying in the dorm :), they had gluten free food, taking the a tour, information in the Q/A, and playing with athletes of my ability.— Caroline K. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
Finding the right camp is easy!
Type in the name of your sport below and we'll show you all of the camps available.