Junior Tennis Camp in Berkeley California
Elevate Your Game at Cal Tennis Camps
A top summer tennis camp in California, the CAL Junior Tennis Camp at UC Berkeley offers the perfect combination of tennis and fun! With instructional programs for beginners through advanced tournament and high school players and lots of match play, these tennis day camps have something for everyone.
- Tennis curriculum designed and executed by CAL Head and Assistant coaches
- Full and Half Day options with programs for beginner - advanced players
- Low staff to student ratio to ensure high level instruction
- All campers receive a CAL Camp t-shirt and fun prizes
- View More Details
Head Coach - Men's Tennis Peter Wright
Now in his 26th season leading the Cal tennis program, Wright has built up an impressive resume as head coach for the Golden Bears earning multiple Pac-10 Coach of the Year honors.View Peter 's Bio
Associate Head Coach - Men's Tennis Tyler Browne
Now in his 12th season with the men's tennis team, Tyler Browne - a former Cal men's tennis player and team captain - has earned a promotion to associate head coach.View Tyler's Bio
Head Coach - Women's Tennis Amanda Augustus
One of the most successful players in Cal women's tennis history, Amanda Augustus has quickly established herself as a force to be reckoned with. Entering her 12th season, Augustus has compiled a 185-47 coaching record (.797 winning percentage) and produced numerous ITA All-Americans through nine years in charge at her alma mater.View Amanda's Bio
Assistant Head Coach - Women's Tennis Zack Warren
Entering his 5th season as assistant head coach for the women's tennis team, Zack previously coached at BYU, UNLV and as a volunteer assistant for Cal's men's team.View Zack's Bio
State of the art facilities
Our summer tennis camps run weekly from Monday-Friday and offer Full Day and Half Day options for boys & girls, ages 6-18, with All Skills, Tournament Training, High School and 10&Under Tennis programs.
2019 Camp Dates
- June 10-14
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
- July 1-3 (Monday to Wednesday - Pro-rated)
- July 8-12
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
Camp Directors By Week
All sessions are Directed by Associate Head Men's Coach, Tyler Browne. Browne is joined by Head Men's Coach, Peter Wright, and Head Women's Coach, Amanda Augustus, during certain weeks of camp.
- June 10-14 (Peter Wright and Tyler Browne)
- June 17-21 (Peter Wright and Tyler Browne)
- June 24-28 (Peter Wright and Tyler Browne)
- July 1-3 (Tyler Browne and Zack Warren) (Monday-Wednesday - Pro-rated)
- July 8-12 (Amanda Augustus and Tyler Browne)
- July 15-19 (Amanda Augustus and Tyler Browne)
- July 22-26 (Amanda Augustus and Tyler Browne)
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the All Skills program offered each week, we also offer a tournament training and high school program each session. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Program
The "10 and Under Tennis” Program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- All campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am at the Hellman Tennis Complex.
- Half Day Campers check-out on Friday at 12:00 pm. Full Day Campers check-out on Friday at 4:00 pm.
Day and Half Day Camper Schedule
- Monday: All campers arrive at 8:30am. Half Day campers depart at 12:00pm. Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday-Friday: Half Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 12:00pm. Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm.
Full Day campers bring their own lunch each day, or may bring money to purchase lunch. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play at The Hellman Tennis Complex on 6 outdoor hard courts. In case of rain campers will move into club area for video analysis.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp is open to any and all entrants and only restricted only by age and number of campers.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00AM All Campers Arrive. Stretching, Warm-up, Footwork Drills and Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:30AM Daily Tennis Instruction (Drills based on ability level)
- 11:30AM Point Play with Coaches
- 12:00PM Half Day Campers Depart. Lunch and Rest for Full Day Campers.
- 1:00PM Warm-up, Demo with Coaches
- 1:30PM Daily Tennis Instruction (live ball and point play based on ability level)
- 3:30pm Point Play with Coaches
- 4:00PM Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
Camp Dates & Prices
Finding the right camp is easy!
Type in the name of your sport below and we'll show you all of the camps available.