Volleyball Camps in Berkeley California
Average Rating 4.50 / 5
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Cal Volleyball Camps
Train like a Cal Volleyball Player and get better this summer! Our volleyball camps at UC Berkeley offer a variety of programs for players of all ability levels to choose from. The Cal Berkeley Coaches run camps that are designed to make each player better at an individual level.
- Instruction from Cal Volleyball's coaching staff and players
- Excellent training, dining, and housing facilities
- Low camper to coach ratio; 10:1
- Programs for beginner, intermediate, and advanced level players
- View More Details
Director Sam Crosson
Sam Crosson, a two-time Big West Coach of the Year at Cal Poly and former assistant coach at California, has agreed to become the next head volleyball coach for the Golden Bears. Crosson takes over a Cal program that finished 15-16 overall and 10th in the Pac-12 in 2018.View Sam's Bio
Assistant Director Jennifer Dorr
Dorr shares recruiting duties and directs the program's summer camps, overseeing and promoting the sessions which draw about 400 players each summer.View Jennifer's Bio
Assistant Director Amir Lugo-Rodriguez
Amir Lugo-Rodriguez, a former All-American middle blocker at Long Beach State, is in his first season an assistant coach for the Golden Bears.View Amir's Bio
State of the art facilities
This summer we are offering an Advanced Overnight and Extended Day Camp for girls, ages 14-18, with 2-3 years of competitive experience, Intermediate Day Camps for boys and girls, ages 10-17, and a Youth Day Camp for boys and girls ages 8-14. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 6-7 (Youth)
- July 8-10 (Intermediate I)
- July 11-13 (Intermediate II)
- July 14-17 (Advanced)
- July 18-20 (Intermediate III)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is designed for young players, ages 8-14, who are just starting out or in the first year of learning the basic skills for volleyball. Campers get a jump-start with their volleyball skills and work on a solid base to build upon after camp.
This program is a full-day camp designed for intermediate players, ages 10-17. Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings. All Intermediate sessions are designed for players of all skill levels.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players (ages 14-18/grades 9-12) with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES
- Youth: July 6-7 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Intermediate I: July 8-10 (Monday-Wednesday)
- Intermediate II: July 11-13 (Thursday-Saturday)
- Intermediate III: July 18-20 (Thursday-Saturday)
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Check-in: 8:00AM on the first day of camp
- Check-out: 4:00pm each day
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a sack lunch with them each day. Pizza is available for purchase for $2 a slice.
OVERNIGHT & EXTENDED DAY CAMP
Advanced: July 14-17 (Sunday-Wednesday)
- Check-in: 2:00-3:30pm on Sunday at Unit 1 Dorms
- Check-out: Graduation is at 11:30am on Wednesday at Haas Pavilion. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 3:30pm-9:00pm, Monday & Tuesday 8:45am-9:00pm, Wednesday 8:45am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities
- Cal Volleyball & Prizes: All summer campers receive a Cal volleyball and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts at Haas Pavilion
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Cal Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airports to campus are Oakland International Airport and San Francisco International Airport.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
DAY CAMP SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Day Campers arrive. Stretching & warm up.
- 9:15am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00-12:45pm Lunch and rest
- 12:45-1:30pm Demonstration and lecture
- 1:30-4:00pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Day Campers depart.
July 27, 2018: Receiving quality feedback and being able to have questions thoroughly answered by coaches.— Elise K. Camper
Loved the coaches!
July 23, 2018: Kenzy really enjoyed the different perspectives the coaches gave her on every skill.— Dorothy M. Parent
Top of the line!
July 22, 2018: The training at this camp was top of the line. Players from around the world goes to this camp to experience a world class volleyball coaching. My daughter learned so much for a short period of time. The coaching staff worked on her platform and footwork and even boosted her confidence to play as an outside. There’s a really great sense of positive training and encouragement for all players at different level. This is her first time going to a college camp and she fell in love with the intense, rigorous and amazingly fun training.— Rachel R. Parent
Loved the technical feedback!
July 22, 2018: Sam loved her group while at camp because of the level of volleyball and everyone was super nice. She also loved Spencer’s specific, technical feedback.— Gretchen T. Parent
She felt so welcomed!
July 20, 2018: My daughter is recovering from her ACL surgery and hasn't played volleyball for the past year. The camp was very accommodating and has left her jazzed about her ability to plunge right in. She is already making plans with her friends to return next summer! Thank you for the support and encouragement in making Dylan feel she is capable in overcoming her fears of returning to the sport.— Audrey L. Parent
July 20, 2018: My child enjoyed getting to play with the college players and experiencing life at Berkeley.— Lisa H. Parent
Improved a lot!
July 11, 2018: Our daughter loved learning new games that helped her improve her skills, and scrimmaging the older groups and learning from them. She also liked meeting the players from the Cal Women's Volleyball team.— Kim H. Parent
July 11, 2018: Claire absolutely loved camp! Since she is new-ish to volleyball, not very athletic, and didn't have friends attending camp with her, I thought she wouldn't like it very much. It was a great surprise to see camp make her so happy.— Kristen S. Parent
I can’t thank you all enough!!!
July 8, 2018: My daughter absolutely LOVED it! She bonded with her coaches and really felt comfortable in her very first camp. I can’t thank you all enough!!! Looking forward to making this an annual event and we have four other friends that want to come too! I am fully satisfied with all aspects of the camp.— Laura W. Parent
Pushes your to be better
July 25, 2016: This camp was so much fun! In the advanced camp, they give so many tips and have so many chances for the camper to try new things and improve. It's such a positive, fun environment that constantly pushes you to be a better athlete.— Anika M. Camper
Loved the Coaches!
July 19, 2016: I would ten out of ten recommend this to any one who wants to go beyond the level of High School and Club volleyball! The best part is that the Assistant coaches get really involved with the teams. Such a great atmosphere and the staff and players are just amazing!!— Sophia S. Camper
July 15, 2016: This camp really helped me get ready for high school tryouts, gain confidence in playing my position, and improve my overall volleyball skills. The coaches were very experienced and welcoming - eager to learn all the players' names and bring every one in the team together to work on communication. They also were very approachable and knowledgeable so it was easy to ask them for individual advice. I loved this camp so much— Samantha F. Camper
2015: Cal Nike camp was an excellent camp for all levels. All the camper's energy was high and coaches instructed them with enthusiasm and passion. Well organized by staff and great location!— Cal Camper
2015: Experienced and relatable coaches, intense competition, wonderful people, and tons of reps. incredible experience, would recommend to any volleyball player looking to interact with new players and coaches and get lots of practice over the summer.— Parent of a Cal Camper
2015: They remember the campers, create a fun experience, are super positive and teach the kids where they are skill wise. I have been so impressed with how my child is remembered year after year.— Parent of a Cal Camper
Like the Drills and Scrimmages
2015: Excellent combination of skills/drills, and scrimmage/play to apply the skills/drills. Coaches are very knowledgeable, and know how to impart their knowledge.— Parent of a Cal Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
Finding the right camp is easy!
Type in the name of your sport below and we'll show you all of the camps available.