Boys Water Polo Summer Camp in Berkeley California
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with the top players and coaches in the country at Water Polo Camps
Cal Water Polo Head Coach, Kirk Everist, has designed an exciting program this summer! The focus of the program will be in-water instruction on the fundamentals of the game.
- Cal Men's Water Polo coaching staff and current players lead the instruction
- For Boys Ages 13-18
- Uncommonly low camper to coach ratio
- Emphasis on fundamentals, drills and scrimmages
- Position Specific Training
- View More Details
Head Coach - Men's Water Polo Kirk Everist
Directing the Cal Water Polo Camp during the summer is Kirk Everist, the California Golden Bears Head Men's Water Polo Coach.View Kirk's Bio
Volunteer Assistant - Men's Water Polo Jeff Tyrrell
Jeff Tyrrell is the hero of Cal’s last-second victory for the 2006 NCAA men’s water polo title and enters his second season as the Bears' volunteer assistant in 2015.View Jeff's Bio
State of the art facilities
Camp will be held on the beautiful UC Berkeley campus, located on the eastern side of the San Francisco Bay with the central campus resting on 178 acres in Berkeley, California. This summer, Cal is offering one session of overnight camp with a day (Day Camp 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) option available.
This camp is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you choose a camp that fits your particular skills and level of development.Show Less View More Details
Our goal is to engage and inspire each player at camp and to instill positive character traits such as confidence, self-motivation, and a passion for the sport.
ADVANCED SKILLS CAMP
Designed for high school players (Ages 13-18). This program focuses on advanced skills, position specific training for divers, shooters, goalies and 2 meter offense & defense, team concepts and an overall intense level of competition. Campers also have the opportunity to compete daily in games against each other.
Designed for youth and incoming high school players (Ages 11-14). This program is designed to provide youth players with the fundamentals, latest drills, in-water scrimmages and position specific training (Divers, Shooters, Goalies and 2 Meter Offense & Defense) essential for improvement.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
- 3 nights lodging
- All meals
- Nightly recreational activities
- Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
- Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
- Camp hours: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE-WED 9AM-5PM, THURS 9AM-12:00PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- Check-in between 1:00-2:00 pm on Monday, June 18 at Unit 1 dorms.
- Camp meeting for campers and parents at 2:00 pm.
- A closing ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 21 at 12:00 pm at the pool.
- Check-out immediately following at Unit 1 dorms.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
Campers will be housed in single, double and triple occupancy rooms at the Unit 1 Residence Halls and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Unit 1 Dorm is located on 2650 Durant Avenue | Berkeley, CA | 94720
- Dorm: Unit 1 dorms
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Provided - The linen pack includes sheets, blankets, pillows, 2 face towels, and 1 towel for showering
- Toiletries: Guests should bring their own toiletries
- Air Conditioning: No
- Meals: All meals will be provided in the Crossroads Dining Hall
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Key Deposit: Not required
- Lost Keys: For lost keys you will be responsible for a $50 charge for regular rooms/$75 for suites
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times.
Supervision: Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Meals: All meals are included for overnight campers. Meals start with dinner on the first day and end with breakfast on the last day.
Due to University and NCAA Policies, we are not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International The camp is not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International Airport; San Francisco International Airport is also within a reasonable distance. Campers are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp.
Camp Dates & Prices
Dates and Prices Coming Soon! Stay tuned!
Join our email list to be notified when this program is available.
Finding the right camp is easy!
Type in the name of your sport below and we'll show you all of the camps available.